Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Welcome to My Blog! - December 23, 2009

Hey everyone! MakeupByCalliex23 here! I am an inspired teen with hopes of becoming a makeup guru. I'm not quite sure how my cosmetic obsession started, but it definitely started on youtube. The first person I ever watched on youtube was probably fafinettex3. I started by watching her hair tutorials and was so inspired. Eventually I stumbled upon her makeup tutorials and monthly favorites, which led me to the people she talked about, like Allthatglitters21. Elle, or Allthatglitters21, was also a huge inspiration. I had so much fun watching her, especially because I could relate to her because of our similar hair and eye color. I am a dirty blonde haired, blue eyed girl, and was excited to have similar looks to a guru. After watching about all of her videos, I saw her sister blog with her sister Blair and heard about their website, www.glitzyglam.com. I continued to watch all of Blair's videos that interested me, and then moved on to the search box. I would search simple things like "makeup collection and organization" or "mac haul". This occupied me for about 2 months. For the first time in a long time, I got bored with youtube, so I started searching the internet for the products I had seen on youtube, and browsed websites like www.maccosmetics.com and www.sephora.com. My mom would have to tell me to take breaks off the computer because I would sit on it all day. Today, she told me to watch a movie with her. The movie just happened to be Julie and Julia. This movie instantly inspired me to start a blog. So hear I am, blabbing about random things that you probably don't even care to be informed about! Well I am going to get started on my makeup blogging now!
I have a question for you all: Would you like me to show my Christmas Haul or not? I know I am for sure getting makeup, and would like to know how you would feel about me uploading a video all about it. I would probably put swatches and reviews on this page, so let me know how you feel about that. I've heard that a lot of people are offended when people put up hauls on youtube and such, because they feel it's a form of bragging or something. Anyway, get back to me ASAP! Because after all, tomorrow's Christmas Eve! Thanks for reading!

-MakeupByCalliex23

No comments:

Post a Comment